Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

OPI "Meep, Meep, Meep" and DS "Luxurious" with Sally Hansen Yellow (Name Unknown) Gradient

This manicure is going down in my book as a partial fail.  While it looks acceptable for wear, it is problematic for a perfectionist like me and will likely be removed later tonight.  While the concept is awesome and the colors work so well together, the method I used to create the gradient effect and, consequently, the cuticle clean up, was a NIGHTMARE.

Because these polishes all contain sparkles, they were nearly impossible to remove in a precise manner, and the sponging technique I used to apply the polish wedged polish DEEP into my cuticles.  So, with that said, I apologize for my cuticle cleanliness.  Other than that, I love how this manicure looks and the how the colors blend.  I will be trying this one again, but with a different application method and perhaps some more embellishment.

2 comments: