Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Tree of Life

There are a multitude of reasons why I love this manicure and what inspired me to do it.  Besides the fact that I think trees are beautiful and have a symbolic meaning directly correlated with life, I have a few wonderful people in my life that LOVE trees!  SO....to complete this manicure took a lot of time and patience and POLISH!  I used 9 different polishes for this one, including the top coat.  To create the sunrise gradient effect I used a makeup sponge with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry "Lightening," "Snappy Sorbet," OPI's "Miami Beet," and Orly's "Velvet Rope," over a base of OPI "Alpine Snow."  Once the gradient was sufficient, and after removing a reapplying on at least two nails, I cleaned up the horrific mess called my cuticles and proceeded to stamp the tree.  With the trees in place, I then used a nail art brush to paint on the leaves with Orly "Lucky Duck" and Sally Hansen "Lickety-Split Lime."  Top it all off with clear coat, and a few hours later I got this!  I am fairly happy with it.  I wished I had more time to use the glue method for the gradient clean up because I hate how much polish got everywhere, but I am a bit neurotic about that.

In doing this manicure, it really gets me thinking about about how blessed I am to have all the wonderful people I have in my life, so without getting too mushy, I just want to say, "Thank you, and I love you!"


3 comments:

  1. Wow, really beautiful! Do you have a Pinterest account? You should be pinning these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I do have a pinterest account! Just click on the icon in the upper right hand corner! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Alyssa! And the sentiment behind them is even better!

    ReplyDelete