Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Holiday Nail Tutorial - Red Nails with Glitter Gradient Tip

Hello all!  Sorry I have been MIA lately.  Too much going on leaves me little time to my hobby, and an overall unhappy polish-a-holic!  But, today, I have a treat! A TUTORIAL!  I am going to give you step but step instructions on how to obtain this look!  You are seeing China Glaze "China Rouge" as the base color and OPI "Spark De Triomphe," and Essie's "Good as Gold" on the glitter tips.  Using a little striping tape, I created "present," accent nails.  Click the "read more" button for the instructions!  Enjoy!

Also, special thanks to my lovely hand model, Ms. Meghan Field!



 First things first, these are all the things you will need:



  1. A red nail polish (or any other color you desire).
  2. A gold or silver glitter polish, preferably with multi-sized glitter.
  3. A solid gold polish.
  4. Nail striping tape or a nail striping brush.
  5. Base and top coat.
  6. Acetone and a synthetic brush for clean up.

Apply your base coat to all your nails.  Then apply the base color.


Then, using the solid gold polish, create a thin french tip.  It doesn't have to be perfect.



Using the glitter polish, scrape the majority of the polish off the brush and swipe from the tip of your nail toward the center of the nail.  This will give you the gradient effect.  Build up the glitter in areas where the gold french tip is visible.



Using striping tape, create an off center cross to resemble a present.  Seal your designs with top coat.

AND YOU'RE DONE!





1 comment:

  1. Of course, I love this mani :) I could wear it all the time!! Thanks for doing such an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete